Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Revelator acoustic.

I built this guitar in the 7th grade - that would have been around 1973 I guess. I did not know how to bend wood so I came up with a design that would allow me to construct the guitar using all angle cuts. Unfortunately I knew nothing of bridge and saddle placement at the time so it is way out of intonation. The sound hole was cut big enough to allow me to install a speaker I got out of a television set that I found in a dump were I used to ride my bike. It severed nicely as pickup but was removed later to use in some other "experiment" I was doing at the time. The knob is actually a cabinet door pull I also found at the dump and provided the guitar with an non-functional yet elegant faux-volume knob! While the other kids were struggling to make a wall sconce for their mom I was busy trying to start my own line of guitars - "The Revelator!" It bears more than passing resemblance to an electric guitar I built about 20 years later - and with perfect intonation I might add! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home